The Master of Education - Science Education degree from University of British Columbia is ideal for those seeking to make a difference in teacher education; learning and teaching at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels; industry; teaching and research institutions; government and private sector bodies; museums; outdoor setting and other science-based organizations.
The program’s philosophy is that theory and practice are inextricably linked and work hand in hand to improve the quality of education.
Educators are empowered by collaboration across disciplines, countries, and contexts. Therefore this program values diverse expertise and experience; collaboration and mentorship; and innovative ideas, theories and practices. Through the pursuit of student individual and collective interests, graduate students will develop and enhance their knowledge and practice of Science Education. Graduate students will be equipped to advance the quality of education and/or assume leadership roles in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Issues and Theories
- Issues in the Teaching and Learning of the Sciences
- Research Methodologies in Education
- Teaching Math and Science through Technology
- Science Learning in Informal Settings
- Theory and Research in Environmental Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Teaching View 154 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.