The Master of Education - Science Education degree from University of British Columbia is ideal for those seeking to make a difference in teacher education; learning and teaching at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels; industry; teaching and research institutions; government and private sector bodies; museums; outdoor setting and other science-based organizations.
The program’s philosophy is that theory and practice are inextricably linked and work hand in hand to improve the quality of education.
Educators are empowered by collaboration across disciplines, countries, and contexts. Therefore this program values diverse expertise and experience; collaboration and mentorship; and innovative ideas, theories and practices. Through the pursuit of student individual and collective interests, graduate students will develop and enhance their knowledge and practice of Science Education. Graduate students will be equipped to advance the quality of education and/or assume leadership roles in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Curriculum Issues and Theories
- Issues in the Teaching and Learning of the Sciences
- Research Methodologies in Education
- Teaching Math and Science through Technology
- Science Learning in Informal Settings
- Theory and Research in Environmental Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 144 other Masters in Education in Canada
- Normally, applicants for a master's degree program must hold the academic equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from UBC including one of the following:
- A minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% at UBC) in third- and fourth-year courses.
- Academic standing with at least 12 credits of third- or fourth-year courses in the A grade range (80% or higher at UBC) in the field of study.
- Most three-year, Bologna-compliant degrees from research-intensive universities are acceptable as a basis for admission to master's programs at UBC.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13604 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7285 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.