The core modules aim to support students in identifying their specific research questions through a critical review of the literature; developing the requisite knowledge, understanding, and practical skills in appropriate research methods; and produce a compelling piece of advanced research.
Optional modules allow students to deepen their existing subject knowledge and broaden their appreciation of the study of education.
Career and Personal Development
The MA Education is a flexible postgraduate degree programme that aims to further existing educators' critical understanding of their practice and allows aspiring educators the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of education in preparation for a career in education or further doctoral research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Critical Engagement with Educational Literature
- Dissertation (Education)
- Education and Social Justice
- Educational leadership and management: theory and practice
- Language and Education
- Mentoring and Coaching for Educational Professionals
- Research Methods (Education)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Please allow enough time for your application to be considered prior to the start date.
DisciplinesEducation View 816 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- First or second class honours degree or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant professional experience is considered. Prior credits earned through a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) may count towards this degree. Contact the School of Education to speak to an advisor about Accreditation of Prior Learning.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time Home/EU: £43 per credit point
- Part-time International: £81 per credit point
A new system of postgraduate loans for Master's courses has been introduced in the UK. Under the new scheme individuals will be able to borrow up to £10,609 for the purpose of completing an eligible postgraduate Master's qualification.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.