The fashion writing strand will be taught through an engaging mix of lectures, seminars and workshops. If you study either the fashion design, or visual communication for fashion strands, the majority of your course will be delivered in a hands-on studio environment. Regardless of your specialism, you will be taught in our industry-standard facilities.
In addition to your chosen specialist strand, your will complete a core module in Research Methods, which will equip you with the knowledge you will need to complete in-depth research and produce a proposal for your independent projects. You will also complete a dissertation, which will be related to your Independent Project modules.
This MA Fashion from Leeds Beckett University will prepare you for working in a creative, fast-paced and competitive industry. Your modules will enable you to refine your professional practice by giving you the opportunity to define and work through your own projects, from research to completion, and you will be encouraged to develop the skills and knowledge you will need in the workplace in addition to your creativity. The portfolio of work you will build up throughout your course will evidence your ability to think critically and innovate in response to ideas and in-depth research.
- Fashion designer
- Fashion journalist
- Fashion stylist
- Fashion marketer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion Design View 121 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of fashion design, visual communication for fashion, or fashion writing/media
In your personal statement, as well as the reason for your application, your interest and experience in the field and your future ambitions within the subject area, you should also include a section titled ‘Statement of Intent. Under this heading you should cover the following criteria in around 500 words:
- visual inspiration for your personal project (what format will this take and where will it be sourced, if it will build on existing work then please reference this)
- conceptual inspiration (the narrative/meaning behind the project)
- process (the technical processes you plan to use/combine throughout the project)
- materials (the materials palette you plan to explore)
- audience (who is your intended customer, viewer, reader?)
- outcome (e.g. a fashion collection, instillation)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.