Biostatistics uses data to measure, understand and solve medical problems. This exciting and versatile discipline contributes to all fields of medical research and evidence-based healthcare. In this program, you'll develop critical analysis expertise, interpretation skills and the ability to apply relevant research findings.
This Master of Biostatistics from University of Queensland is ideal if you're interested in advancing knowledge in biomedicine, public health, or the life sciences. You'll learn how to develop and apply statistical methods to different sets of health data, to make important contributions to research and evidence-based practice.
The 24-unit three year part-time program is designed for applicants who have completed an approved degree (e.g. in mathematics, economics, or health) and at least one tertiary-level statistics course.
Courses are designed to build and extend your knowledge of the theory and application of biostatistics. You'll learn how to undertake complex statistical analyses and have the option of undertaking a research project.
- Study a program developed by Australia’s foremost biostatisticians at one of the leading schools of public health in the Asia-Pacific.
- Benefit from a program enriched by the School of Public Health’s strong links with leading international agencies.
- Graduate with in-demand skills applicable to all fields of medical research and healthcare.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Data technician
- Health Indicators & Health Surveys
- Data Management & Statistical Computing
- Principles of Statistical Inference
- Mathematical Statistics
- Clinical Biostatistics
- Design of Randomised Controlled Trials
- Causal Inference
- Mathematical Foundations of Biostatistics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Statistics View 79 other Masters in Biology in Australia
CRICOS Provider No: 00025B
- A Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics from this university (or equivalent).
- Applicants who have completed a four year (i.e. Honours) degree with a major in statistics may be eligible for the #16 unit program.
- The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0.
International41536 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41536 AUD per year during 36 months.
National15200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.