The Master of Animal Science offered at the University of Queensland is designed for recent agricultural, animal, biological, plant, equine, animal, wildlife, zoology or veterinary science graduates, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their skills or redirect their career into animal science.
For your 1.5 years of full-time studies, you'll select from more than 30 courses, including those within one of 3 specialised fields – Equine Science, Production Animal Science or Wildlife Biology – allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your interests and career goals.
The program also gives you the opportunity to complete a significant research project, which may provide a pathway to higher degree by research programs.
- Study at the university ranked number one in Australia in agriculture, for both research and teaching outcomes.
- Learn from world-class academic staff, ensuring you receive the highest quality education.
- Benefit from hands-on learning in extensive research and teaching facilities on Gatton campus and the nearby Darbalara farm.
- Utilise specialist equine and wildlife facilities, as well as a dairy, piggery, sheep and goat herds and visit commercial enterprises.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Animal nutritionist
- Animal research scientist
- Biosecurity officer
- Customs officer
- Equine nutritionist
- Equine physical therapist
- Livestock adviser or consultant
- National parks and wildlife officer
- Wildlife ecologist
- Wildlife scientist
- Animals in Society
- Animal Reproductive Science
- Animal Nutrition and Technology
- Concepts in Animal Science
- Agricultural Research Methodologies
- Leadership in Rural Industries and Communities
- Global Challenges in Agriculture
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 4 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in Australia
CRICOS code: 079382F
- Bachelor degree in agricultural science, biological science, plant science (botany, horticulture or agronomy), equine science, animal science (behaviour, production or technology), wildlife science, wildlife management, veterinary science, veterinary technology, zoology or an approved discipline.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
International43456 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43456 AUD per year during 18 months.
National36730 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36730 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.