Students in the Environmental Toxicology program at the University of South Alabama focus on understanding how toxins and/or pollutants affect the health of people, food-webs, and ecosystems.
Projects will assess the fate, effects and risks of natural toxins and pollutants using a multidisciplinary approach that incorporates toxicology, environmental chemistry, risk assessment, and ecology.
Learning OutcomesStudents in this program will learn to:
- evaluate the impact of specific toxins, pollutants, and/or mixtures in the environment
- perform laboratory and/or field studies to monitor environmental and evaluate the impacts of toxins/pollutants
- optimize and/or develop field or laboratory methods to identify and evaluate toxic substances in biota and in the environment
- evaluate strategies to prevent, mitigate, and/or control and manage toxic substances
- evaluate policies and regulations used in risk analysis and risk management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Toxicology
- Research Integrity
- Environmental Statistics
- Environmental Sociology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesToxicology Environmental Sciences View 434 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- B.S./B.A. degree from an accredited four-year institution: the program is designed for graduates holding degrees in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering or related fields.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or above is required. Under exceptional circumstances, students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00 may be considered.
- The GRE will be required and will be considered among the admission criteria.
- It is recommended (but not required) that students applying to the program have completed at least 6 credit hours of undergraduate Biochemistry. Those students who have only taken 3 hours of undergraduate biochemistry will have to include an additional 3 hours of graduate Biochemistry among the required courses to complete the program.
International884 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 884 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National884 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 884 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.