Graduate instruction and research are conducted in observational astronomy, and theoretical astrophysics including analytical and computational methods. Observational opportunities are available in conventional photometry, polarimetry, and fast photometry of stellar oscillations; spectroscopy and spectrophotometry of planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, and quasars; galactic and extragalactic research; optical and infrared instrument development; planetary and cometary studies; extrasolar planets; and infrared, millimeter, submillimeter, and radio astronomy. There are also instruction and research opportunities in theoretical astrophysics, including the origin of the elements, cosmology, stellar structure and evolution, star and planet formation, and high-energy astrophysics. There are opportunities for cooperative interdepartmental research with groups in the Department of Physics and the Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Radiative Processes and Radiative Transfer
- Theoretical Astrophysics
- Gravitational Dynamics
- Astrophysical Gas Dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 60 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National17694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8847 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4464 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.