The BioMedical Engineering programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is training BioMedical engineers that are key players in the development, design, and continuing refinement of devices such as joint replacement prostheses, microsensors, imaging and image processing, as well as advanced instruments for use in such domains as minimally invasive surgery and the diagnosis of movement disorders.
You will learn how to develop conceptual models from a technical perspective and you will work in close collaboration with physicians, researchers and other healthcare professionals, including on-site at the collaborating academic institutions.
Learning from 3 faculties and 3 teachings hospitals:
You will take courses offered by three TU Delft faculties:
- Applied Sciences
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Mechanical, Marine and Materials Engineering
The programme also benefits from the clinical input provided by three teaching hospitals:
- Leiden University Medical Center
- Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam
- Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Technology
- Ethics of Healthcare Technologies
- Neuromechanics & Motor Control
- Computational Mechanics of Tissues & Cells
- Tissue Biomechanics of Bone, Cartilage & Tendon
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Human Medicine View 24 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.