They’ll teach you to operate the equipment perfusionists use to support or replace a patient’s heart and lung functions during cardiac surgery and to monitor vital cardiopulmonary signs to keep the patient stable. You’ll also learn to administer the appropriate medications and anesthesia during surgery. They`re program is one of only eight in the nation that offers graduate-level training in this profession. As cardiovascular disease becomes increasingly common, the employment opportunities in this field continue to expand, and we prepare you to enter the workforce with a competitive advantage. A strong sense of responsibility and the capacity to work effectively with other professionals in a high-pressure environment are essential qualities of successful cardiovascular perfusionists. You’ll acquire both during group activities and clinical work. Plus, you’ll learn in our technologically sophisticated Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Disease Mechanisms
- Theoretical Foundations of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Systems Anatomy and Physiology I
- Extracorporeal Circuitry and Laboratory I
- Physiologic Monitoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The application deadline is February 1.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1071 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
In order to be considered for admission to the cardiovascular perfusion program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
- Successful completion of the following science courses:
- Two semesters of basic biology (with labs)
- Two semesters of anatomy and physiology (with labs)
- One semester of microbiology (with lab)
- Two semesters of chemistry (with labs)
- one semester of physics (with lab)
- one semester of college-level mathematics (college algebra or calculus)
International1055 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1055 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1055 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1055 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.