They’ll teach you to operate the equipment perfusionists use to support or replace a patient’s heart and lung functions during cardiac surgery and to monitor vital cardiopulmonary signs to keep the patient stable. You’ll also learn to administer the appropriate medications and anesthesia during surgery.
Cardiovascular Perfusion program at Quinnipiac University is one of only eight in the nation that offers graduate-level training in this profession. As cardiovascular disease becomes increasingly common, the employment opportunities in this field continue to expand, and we prepare you to enter the workforce with a competitive advantage. A strong sense of responsibility and the capacity to work effectively with other professionals in a high-pressure environment are essential qualities of successful cardiovascular perfusionists. You’ll acquire both during group activities and clinical work. Plus, you’ll learn in our technologically sophisticated Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disease Mechanisms
- Theoretical Foundations of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Systems Anatomy and Physiology
- Extracorporeal Circuitry and Laboratory
- Physiologic Monitoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The program will accept applications up to 1 or 2 weeks prior to the start date.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1983 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges attended, whether or not grades were earned
- Secondary school transcript with graduation date, unless an associate’s degree was earned
- Advanced placement transcripts
- International baccalaureate transcripts; International students should send official transcripts to World Education Services (WES) for certification and evaluation of credit and request that Quinnipiac University receive the results.
International26337 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1075 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26337 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1075 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hamden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.