Students of the Education programme from Maynooth University can choose a specialism option or a general option. The specialisms on offer are Educational Leadership, Teacher Education, Early Childhood Teaching and Learning, and Social Justice Education.
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and some other postgraduate courses are eligible for module exemptions.
It is possible to study modules of particular interest without completing a Master of Education degree or to exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Studies after completing 60 credits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Education
- Critical Reflections on Education
- Contextualising & Communicating Your Research
- Exploring Quality in Teaching & Learning
- Coaching in Education
- Educational Policy and Legislation: Navigating Official Landscapes
- Science Education: Curriculum, Pedagogy, Learning and Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 9 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This modular programme offers a coherent, dynamic, postgraduate learning experience for teachers, educators and other professionals interested in the field of educational studies.
- Applicants will hold the equivalent of an honours degree and/or honours postgraduate diploma.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.