Designed to offer postgraduate education to nurses in a range of clinical environments and geographical settings, this Nursing MSc from University of Dundee is ideal for UK based and international nurses to develop personally and professionally.
You will develop your ways of thinking, helping you to become an independent learner who thinks creatively to solve problems using evidence-based approaches, including critical reflection, application of theory, and critical appraisal.
You'll learn about researching, appraising, and applying evidence and how these concepts can be used in your professional practice. This will help to develop your confidence to critically analyse the research process and to then use this to influence practice.
The course is flexible and will allow you to tailor your own needs. You will study two core modules and two optional modules from a range of areas, such as:
- the relationship between risk management and patient safety
- the assessment, care, and management of acutely or critically ill adults
- understanding of organisational culture and a range of leadership models and theories
- the prevention, diagnosis, and management of long term conditions including acute presentations
This course is offered on a part-time basis and delivered through online distance learning. A small number of modules are also delivered partly face-to-face for locally based students.
The course is mainly delivered online and will include:
- online learning resources
- discussion boards
- web conferences
- web based activities and quizzes
You will take four taught modules (two core, two optional) that will expand your thinking and expertise in current and clinically focused topics. After completing these modules you'll be allocated a supervisor and begin your dissertation.
On completion of this course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to develop as a leader in a changing healthcare landscape. Graduates of the course go into specialist roles, management, and nurse education.
- Exploring Professional Practice
- Research for Practice
- Quality Improvement in Action
- Meeting the Needs of Older People in Diverse Care Settings
- Risk and Patient Safety
- Microbiology and its Application to Practice
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This course is for registered / qualified nurses. You will normally an ordinary degree but we will accept 30 credits at SCQF Level 9 or equivalent
- We operate a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) system by which students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry. We recognise that students applying for this course may have acquired significant learning from previous educational and life/work experience. We can offer potential students the opportunity of having such learning assessed for credit. This credit would go towards your application for this course.
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 42 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 42 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.