Completion of the degree leads to development of knowledge and skills across a range of special educational needs and disabilities, promoting competence and confidence in reflective practice, decision making in complex situations and completing independent research. By following this programme, you will develop a systematic understanding of knowledge related to SEND theory and practice.
This Special Educational Needs and Disability programme at Bishop Grosseteste University is designed to develop your in-depth knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to current and changing SEND practice.
The modules will provide you with opportunities to investigate different social and educational contexts, demonstrating the acquisition of advanced knowledge and understanding of key issues relating to SEND.
Careers & Further Study
Following the introduction of the SEND Code of Practice, there are now significantly more organisations that require professionals working, supporting children, and young adults with SEND to have expertise in this area.
As this has raised the profile of working with children and young adults with SEND, many other organisations are increasingly requiring staff in teaching roles to have specialist knowledge in this area, such as those in the leisure industry and sporting organisations. By completing the MA in SEND, you will be better positioned to apply for such posts, demonstrating a range of skills which will support learners with SEND in various settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Impact Project
- Understanding Specific Special Educational Needs And Disabilities
- Undertaking Research With Children And Young Adults With SEND
- Raising Achievement: Meeting The Pastoral And Welfare Needs Of Children And Young Adults With SEND
- Learning: Domains And Dimensions
- Exploring And Interpreting SEND
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 816 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students will normally be graduates or education practitioners with an honours degree at 2:2 or above. Consideration might also be given to accepting students who can demonstrate relevant SEND experience and ability to study at level 6.
- Full-time and part-time students will require the ability to access a work setting providing at least 100 hours of a SEND related work-based experience over the duration of the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12850 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7350 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Per 30 credit module: £1,225
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.