The Technical Chemistry programme at the Karl-Franzens University of Graz is taught in English. The range of courses is diverse, interdisciplinary and university-wide. This solid theoretical and practical education with intensive lab tutorials aims to give students a broad knowledge of fundamental chemical principles and their application and use in technology.
Emphasis is placed on the following areas: Renewable resources, macromolecular chemistry (polymer and bipolymer chemistry) and plastics technology, surface and interface technology, technologically important materials and material groups, energy storage, technologies for the production of materials as well as research/test and analysis methods.
- Graduates of the master's programme in technical chemistry are able to practically apply their comprehensive subject knowledge, to solve scientific problems theoretically and experimentally, while taking into account the relevant research/test and analysis methods, as well as being able to interpret the results.
- They have knowledge of central concepts and strategies for producing and connecting materials and are able to develop new technological methods and theoretical models.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Electrochemistry
- Advanced Chemical Engineering
- Introduction to Solid State Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry for Technical Chemists
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 4 other Masters in Chemistry in Austria
- Copy of passport
- Original evidence of accomplished Bachelor/ Diploma (transcript of records and degree diploma)
- In the country where the Bachelor/Diploma degree was received, original evidence of admission to equivalent Master studies also stating general duration of this study programme at a recognized university for the semester/year in which admission in Graz is sought (EU/ EEA citizen excluded)
- prove your English language competence
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.