This Medical Education course from University of Dundee is designed for those:
- new to teaching and training
- who wish to gain further skills and knowledge in the area of medical education
The University has over 30 years' experience delivering courses for health care professionals.
The tutors, administrators and technical staff have a wealth of experience.
- The programme is flexible with three exit points
- Modules cover relevant themes within Medical Education
- Integrated online delivery and marking incorporates the latest learning tools
- Regular feedback is provided as well as tutor interaction
- Formative assessments
- A wide range of optional modules to suit your own learning requirements
- Innovative learning experiences
How you will be taught
The postgraduate programmes in Medical Education are delivered both face to face and via an innovative e-learning environment incorporating a range of exciting interactive teaching and assessment techniques. These resources enable peer and tutor interaction and include podcasts, blogs, discussion boards, webinars, video clips, formative feedback and more.
Completion of the Certificate, Diploma or Masters can help you with career progression.
Recent examples include:
- Dr Martin Wohlin, subsequently appointed Head of the Unit for Medical Education in Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Dr Haitham El Bingawi, subsequently appointed Head of the Medical Education Unit at the University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Dr Senga Pemba, subsequently appointed as the Director of the Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health.
Learning and Teaching in Medical Education
- compare and contrast the major pedagogic theories and principles of Learning and Teaching
- apply educational theories to develop a pedagogically robust lesson plan contextualised to their own environment
- critically reflect on their own developmental needs as teachers
- critically appraise evaluation tools in the educational environment
- critically engage with feedback dialogue
- Principles of Assessment in Medical Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 729 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Candidates must have obtained a first degree in a healthcare discipline or other equivalent qualification acceptable to the Course Director.
International16065 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16065 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.