This Global Advertising and Branding MA course offered by the University of Southampton is ideal if you want to oversee the advertising process or brand strategy at a creative agency or client company.
On this UK course you’ll learn the theory and practice of advertising and brand management, and critically examine the latest industry issues. These includes celebrity endorsement, the use of social media, and the impact of technology.
You’ll develop essential practical skills, including how to:
- make a pitch
- identify a target audience
- build a creative strategy
- create a brief
- evaluate a campaign
Optional modules on everything from creative thinking to entrepreneurship will give you the freedom to personalise the course to match your career plans or research interests.
Course highlights include:
- a group project to devise a campaign in response to a brief from a real business
- a week-long competitive marketing exercise using the Markstrat simulation platform
- fieldtrips to locations where you can see the real-world impact of advertising and branding
- guest lectures by industry professionals
- a research project and critical paper on a topic of your choice
We put a strong emphasis on employability throughout, to make sure you graduate with both professional and academic skills.
You’ll graduate with sector-specific skills and knowledge and enhanced problem solving abilities that will be attractive to employers in advertising and related industries. You’ll be equipped for roles in account management, account planning, client services, brand management, strategic planning, production, copywriting, art direction, marketing communication, social media, campaign planning, media buying, sales promotion, event planning or market research.
- Professional and Academic Skills
- Advertising and Branding: Contextual Themes and Issues
- Global Advertising and Branding
- Sustainability in Business and Design
- Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
- Digital Cultures
- Experimental Publishing
- Exploring the Visual Language of Display
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Marketing View 586 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:2 degree in a relevant subject, such as business studies, advertising, marketing or media.
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £23,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.