Electrochemistry looks at the relationship between electricity and identifiable chemical change. At the Electrochemistry and Battery Technologies MSc course at the University of Southampton you’ll gain practical experience of electrochemical techniques and their use in sensors, batteries, fuel cells and other technologies.
You’ll also study the principles of electrode reactions and learn the techniques to study electrochemical reactions and battery processes.
You’ll graduate from this course with:
- in-depth knowledge of the use of chemical sciences in research, industry, the economy and the environment
- the skills to plan and carry out experiments, and analyse the results
- the ability to adapt and apply different methods to solve problems
- knowledge of the latest scientific developments in electrochemistry and battery technologies
- Employability is about more than just getting a job. We believe in helping our students gain the necessary experience for a future career, along with the skills to identify opportunities and make the most of them. It is reassuring to know that Chemistry degrees are third only behind Medicine and Dentistry as the degree which offers the highest financial return over the term of the graduate's career, but the rewards of a Chemistry degree lie at a deeper personal level and not just in terms of financial return.
- During your year here you will have the opportunity to broaden your options by meeting employers, getting involved in volunteering activities, work placements and much more.
- A significant proportion of our graduates decide to go into research by taking a PhD qualification, most of them staying in Southampton. But careers in industry and commerce are available even in the toughest economic times.
- Scientific writing and presentation skills for Chemistry MSc
- Practical Techniques in Electrochemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Energy Technologies, Environment and Sustainability
- Sustainable energy systems, resources and usage
- Energy Resources and Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry General Engineering & Technology Biochemistry View 887 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related subject.
International26000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £26,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.