The Nurse Educator program at University of Victoria, British Columbia is practice-oriented and theory-based, intended to prepare nurses for advanced nurse educator roles in a variety of settings.
- use emancipatory pedagogy to develop collaborative relationships among students, teachers, and clients across academic and health care settings
- develop curriculum, course and learning activities based on critical and emancipatory theories
- critically examine how theory informs advanced nursing education practice
- develop strategies to deliver, evaluate and assess teaching and learning
- consider ethical complexities in teaching and learning across sectors
- reflect on, and enhance competency based learning environments
- enact best practices in nursing education
- provide leadership in advancing excellence and innovation in nursing education
- model the nurse educator roles of teacher, scholar and collaborator at all levels and in diverse settings
- promote nursing scholarship in academic and practice settings
- assume leadership in curriculum, instruction and evaluation
- become a leader in nursing education
- Philosophy for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Scholarly Writing for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing & Professional Identity
- Evidence for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Nursing Ethics for Health System Transformation
- Disciplinary Research for Advanced Practice Nursing
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 13 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Victoria and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate in Nursing (equivalent to the degree offered by the University of Victoria) with at least a B+ (77%) average calculated over the last two years (or equivalent of 30.0 UVic units) of the degree to be considered.
- Practica, non-graded (pass-fail) courses, credit granted on the basis of life or work experience, or credit earned at institutions not recognized by the University will not be used in determining your grade point average or units completed.
- An upper level (300 or 400) undergraduate statistics course* from a recognized post-secondary educational institute. Must have a final grade of B or higher. Must be completed within 5-years of the date of application.
- For applicants to the NP option only - An interactive Indigenous cultural safety course for health providers within 5 years of application (e.g., PHSA San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training)
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5074 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4022 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.