Who is it for
The Technical Communication program of the Utah State University is designed to appeal to a broad range of students:
- Working professional communicators. The program aims to help practicing professional writers— people who do communication-intensive work in a variety of organizations, both for-profit and non-profit. Students advance their careers by learning practical skills and the theories that can support or challenge workplace practices.
- Students considering an academic career. The program introduces students to technical communication and rhetoric as an academic field, and graduates may go on to complete PhDs in the field or teach at two-year colleges.
- Secondary education teachers. High school English teachers who complete the degree will be able to add technical communication classes to their teaching repertoire, incorporate principles of technical communication into their existing classes, or make the switch to teaching at two-year colleges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Editing
- Technical Communication
- Rhetorical Theory
- Cultural Research Methods
- Studies in Digital Media
- Studies in Technology and Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 493 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Standardized tests are NOT required for this application
- Provide a copy of your transcript
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
- Send a letter of intent
- You will need to upload two samples of your professional writing. These samples should demonstrate your ability or potential as a professional communicator. Write a half-page introduction to each sample, explaining the context (your role as the writer, your audience, your purpose, etc.)
- This material will be read by the faculty, who will assess your application to decide whether you are ready to write at the level expected for scholarly assignments in a graduate seminar. The samples you submit should therefore be chosen and presented with that purpose in mind
- Upload a current CV (curriculum vitae). This CV should include your academic and professional writing experience
International15346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7673 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7673 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State4384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2192 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.