Why might you want to do this course?You love engineering! You’ll be looking to advance your managerial skills, alongside your technical ability.
But more than that, you want to know how to apply this in the industrial world.
You will develop competency and skills that include the latest advances in engineering disciplines of energy and power, manufacture and design. In addition to covering the latest engineering technology, you will be equipped with the creative, commercial, business and management skills that are necessary to be an innovator, entrepreneur and industry leader.
Students on the Mechanical Engineering with Management and Industrial Internship course at Queen's University Belfast will spend a minimum of 36 weeks of their second year (third year with the part-time option) on placement with an engineering company.
It is the responsibility of each student to arrange his or her own Industrial Internship. Internships must be approved by the University in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Welfare requirements. Students can avail of a School based employability programme focusing on relevant skills such as CV writing and interview skills to support their applications for industrial internships.Successful completion of the industrial internship element will require students to submit a satisfactory placement portfolio at the end of their internship. Students who are unable to secure, or satisfactorily pass, their industrial internship will be completed on the MSc Mechanical Engineering and Management.
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Engineering Systems and Management
- Business Management and Enterprise
- Research and Data Analytics
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Technology Management View 77 other Masters in Technology Management in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline, including substantial Mathematics and engineering content at 2.2 Honours level or equivalent standard, acceptable to the School.
- Applicants holding a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline with performance in key modules below 2.2 Honours standard may be considered on an individual basis. Such applicants will be required to demonstrate a minimum of two years professional experience.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.