Façade engineering is a discipline in its own right. Most large-scale commercial, industrial, educational and even residential buildings are now constructed using a frame and an envelope and many engineering firms have their own façade engineering departments. Our graduates are highly sought-after.
You will learn why façades are one of the most complex, technically challenging and trans-disciplinary parts of a building, how to design and develop façades that perform technically and develop an architectural expression.
Applying theory to practice, you'll cover key topics including façade materials and components, thermal performance and analysis, weathertightness, fire performance, structural analysis and procurement.
Careers / Further study
Facade engineering expertise is increasingly sought-after in industry, academia, training and consultancy, and this course can lead to a variety of career options. We're creating the next generation of façade engineers ready to work with technical professionals on project teams in façade design, manufacture or installation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will complete the following compulsory modules:
- Introduction to Facades Systems
- Facade Materials and Components
- Glass and Glazing
- Structural Integrity
- Thermal Performance
- Advanced Facades
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Industrial Design Design View 409 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A honours degree of 2:1 or above in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject.
- A honours degree of 2:2 in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject plus a minimum of two years in professional practice or a related industry.
- A first degree in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject from an overseas institution that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to the above.
- Any other non standard route will need to be assess on individual basis but will require a minimum of 5 years in an appropriate/related industry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.