The world’s online security depends on you. Step up to the plate with this fascinating Master’s course, taught by experts at one of the world’s leading cyber security hubs.
You’ll be analytical, technical and a modern-day codebreaker. Cyber security is a challenge that will not go away, affecting companies, individuals and even governments. You could be:
- A recent graduate – possibly a maths or engineering graduate with good programming skills, or you might be a good developer but have little knowledge of cyber security.
- Already working in industry – experienced in technical software development, and looking to upskill and enhance your professional development.
- An international student looking to study a UK master’s degree, to meet the global need for cyber security skills.
About the Course
This is an applied course, which mixes theoretical skills with practical work in the lab to give you hands-on experience.
The Applied Cyber Security with Professional Internship programme at Queen's University Belfast is a two-year programme. The first year comprises taught modules and a research project.
The second year comprises an internship up to 12 months in industry in a cyber security related role. To progress to an internship in the second year students must secure an internship before the end of the first year. Students must also pass all modules before beginning an internship.
Applicants should be aware that students must be proactive in applying to appropriate companies to have the best chance of securing an internship. Internships are not offered by the university.
This is a competitive recruitment exercise outside the control of the university, and some students may not be successful. Students who are unable to secure an internship will transfer to the 1-year MSc Applied Cyber Security and graduate after one year.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Cryptography
- Computer Forensics
- Ethical & Legal Issues in Cyber Security
- Network Security & Monitoring
- Software Assurance
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 139 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Mathematics with Computer Science, Physics with Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Applicants who hold a 2.2 Honours degree and a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University) in one of the above disciplines will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All applicants will be expected to have mathematical ability and significant programming experience as evidenced either through the content of their primary degree or through another appropriate formal qualification.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.