Identifying global trends, fostering international networks, applying cross-media journalistic skills – these are challenges facing journalists and media managers around the
At The Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, the unique International Media Studies (IMS) Master’s program prepares students for careers in the communications and media sectors. Theory experts and industry professionals conduct modules in English and German for a maximum of 30 students.
The IMS program combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communications and media management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Policy and media systems
- Media ethics and media law
- Globalization and the media
- Introduction to International Media Studies
- Introduction to media and development cooperation
- Media training and media development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 17 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Germany
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your first academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills
- Proof of sufficient German language skills
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.