Identifying global trends, fostering international networks, applying cross-media journalistic skills – these are challenges facing journalists and media managers around the world.
The unique International Media Studies program from Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences prepares students for careers in the communications and media sectors. Theory experts and industry professionals conduct modules in English and German for a maximum of 30 students.
The IMS program combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communications and media management. DW Akademie in Bonn offers an ideal learning environment for aspiring media experts from developing and transition countries and ther regions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Media Studies
- Media and Development Cooperation
- Media Training and Media Development
- Intercultural Communication and Expertise
- Policy and Media Systems
- Media Ethics and Media Law
- Globalization and the Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 22 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your first academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the "Common European Framework")
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Bonn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.