The program is comprehensive, contemporary and practical, developing your professional expertise in the processes and application of modern marketing.
The Marketing program from the University of Newcastle can be studied face-to-face at the Newcastle City Precinct, online or a combination of the two. Allowing you to balance your professional and personal life and study at a time and pace that suits you.
Why study with us?
- Gain credit for professional experience - the Master of Marketing recognises relevant professional learning for up to four courses meaning you could complete your degree in just eight courses.
- Become an industry leader - a Master of Marketing will equip you with a strategic capability in digital marketing, market research, brand development and global marketing, an invaluable skill-set to build a successful and rewarding career.
- Access our Marketing Technology Lab - There you can explore a range of digital analytics, content creation and promotional tools used in the marketing profession. Get hands on with cutting edge virtual and augmented reality technologies to explore how they can enhance customer experiences.
The Master of Marketing program will provide you with depth of knowledge of contemporary marketing issues and simultaneously build your skills in analysing situations, marketing opportunities and developing and managing marketing strategy. These outcomes will facilitate you in meeting employment challenges with confidence and conviction.
Marketing career opportunities exist across all industries which span exciting and challenging areas such as marketing strategy and planning, brand management, marketing communications, marketing research, social marketing, digital marketing and sustainability. The skills and knowledge you will acquire underpin many senior roles including:
- Marketing Coordinator
- Market Research Officer
- Media Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- marketing communications
- brand management
- services and relationship marketing
- global marketing
- digital marketing
- marketing research
- 18 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 36 other Masters in Digital Communication in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 102241A
CRICOS code: 083522J
Entry into the Master of Marketing will be available for applicants who have:
- Bachelor (Honours) Degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, communication, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, or marketing; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, not in a related field and 1 year relevant organisational experience; or
- At least 7 years' relevant organisational experience, including 2 years in a management position
International41455 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41455 AUD per year during 18 months.
National25135 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25135 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.