This combination enables you to identify and solve complex challenges in private companies as well as private and public organisations through philosophical reflection and analysis applied to business theory and practices.
The Business Administration and Philosophy MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) combines philosophy and business studies. Students enrolled in the programme will be trained in applying philosophical concepts, theories and analyses in the study of business practice as well as general economics.
In the programme you will learn how to:
- Manage and navigate organizational fields with diverse forms of knowledge. This includes private companies where human and technical forms of knowledge intersect or public institutions where political and economic forms of knowledge must be integrated.
- Use philosophical reasoning in order to identify not only new solutions to conventional problems but also new ways of posing the problem in the first place.
- Use words with precision in writing as well as spoken language.
- Challenge existing business models and look for new ways of integrating ethics, aesthetics, and sustainability into business practice.
- Cut through the hot air that much of management lingo is infected with.
- Understand the broader societal context in which private and public organizations operate.
- Understand organizational problems and solutions from the perspective of management as well as from the perspective of the employees.
- Spot and diagnose new trends in the economy as well as society at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophical Methods in Business Studies
- Money, Finance and Philosphy
- Organisational Philosophy
- Behavioural Economics
- Philosophical Investigations in Contemporary Worklife
- Corporate Social Responsibility - Managing the Social Impact of Business
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The MSc in Business Administration and Philosophy (cand.merc.(fil.)) is the natural progression for HA(fil.) from CBS. Applicants with this bachelor degree fulfil the entry requirements for the MSc in Business Administration and Philosophy.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme if they have an equivalent academic background. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish whether your bachelor's degree qualifies you for the programme and the following specific entry requirements are met: 30 ECTS-points in Philosophy and/or Social Theory and/or Sociology; 5 ECTS-points in Economics; 25 ECTS-points in Business Administration.
- If you do not have enough ECTS-points, you may write a “Background Assessment” where you explain how you believe you fulfil the entry requirements through your educational background at bachelor level.
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.