This Master of Education (Research) at Deakin University is a supervised research program. The research of each candidate is conducted under the supervision of a full-time member of the academic staff. Candidates are required to participate in an oral colloquium about one third of the way through candidature in which the proposed research is defended, and will ultimately to submit a thesis embodying the results of their research.
The thesis may be a single volume of disciplinary scholarship or a folio consisting of an exegesis and two to four research products relating to professional practice.
Deakin's graduate learning outcomes describe the knowledge and capabilities graduates can demonstrate at the completion of their course. These outcomes mean that regardless of the Deakin course you undertake, you can rest assured your degree will teach you the skills and professional attributes that employers value. They'll set you up to learn and work effectively in the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course duration may be affected by delays in completing course requirements, such as accessing or completing work placements.
- Candidates showing significant promise as research students may be invited to transfer their enrolment to the Doctor of Philosophy program.
- This generally occurs at or post colloquium. Transfer is dependent on meeting the academic requirements for PhD entry and must have the full support of the principal supervisor.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 64 other Masters in Educational Research in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee selection, which is based on merit, likelihood of success and availability of places in the course.
- Completion of research project including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 65% or equivalent
- CRICOS code: 006243K
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.