Deakin is committed to providing access to higher education for students seeking asylum or from refugee backgrounds residing in Australia to help with the cost of university study.
% of your student contribution (tuition fees).
A cash payment of $6000 per year ($750 per credit point).
Further support will include:
English language course through Deakin University English Language Institute (granted on a needs basis)
A transition program for new students prior to Orientation Week
Case management with supported referrals to relevant staff or services
Professional development opportunities and the possibility of casual paid work at Deakin University.
- Be an International student who holds one of the following:
- Temporary Protection visa (Subclass 785)
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (Subclass 790)
- Temporary Humanitarian Stay visa (Subclass 449)
- Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa (Subclass 786)
- Or be a person seeking asylum on Bridging visa A (Subclass 010) or Bridging visa E (Subclass 050 or 051)
- Be eligible for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate by coursework degree at Deakin University (at time of application)
- Be a student commencing studies in Trimester 1 2023 at Deakin University
- Be studying full time
- Not be an existing or previous Deakin Sanctuary Scholarship holder.
- Preference will be given to students who study on campus.
Study experience required
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.