This Water Management for Development MSc programme at Loughborough University is managed by the Water Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) in the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering whose programmes are well-established and held in high regard by practitioners and employers from international development and emergency sectors. Modules are taught by experts in a broad range of disciplines who have considerable experience of working in low and middle- income countries.
WEDC graduates join a respected global community of alumni which includes more than 1,000 people from over 70 countries.
Many WEDC alumni work for international NGOs such as Oxfam, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and WaterAid, and agencies such as UNICEF, as well as national governments. Several graduates have held high ministerial office and have shaped national government policy in the water and sanitation sector in their countries.
Recent graduates from our WEDC programmes have gone on to roles including:
- Senior Water and Sanitation Specialist, The World Bank
- Chief of Party, USAID Programme
- Chief of WASH, UNICEF
- Solid Waste Management Director, Kumasi City Council (Ghana)
This degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) comprising of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers, Institute of Highway Engineers, and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Water and the Natural Environment (DL)
- Management of Village Water Services (DL)
- Management and Operation of Water Utility Services (DL)
- Research Methods (DL)
- Research Dissertation (DL)
- Management of Water and Environmental Sanitation Infrastructure
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Sustainable Development Health Management View 7 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in any discipline.
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- INT: £19,950/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.