A Master of Science - Human Nutrition at University of Otago is the basis for careers in nutrition promotion and education, dietetics, teaching, food service, food manufacturing and retailing and nutrition research. A degree in Human Nutrition also provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking graduate entry into medicine and pharmacy.
We will equip you with skills that can be used in a number of careers. Our graduates work in the health sector, government organisations, corporations, research, teaching, high performance sport, private practice, and the food industry. Māori and Pacific graduates are often sought after, particularly by health providers across the country
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Nutrition and Human Health
- Behavioural and Applied Nutrition
- Nutritional Biostatistics
- Applications in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Advanced Topics in Human Nutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 6 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21106 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5707 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 9,398 NZD
- International: 34,755 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.