- Students living in New Zealand or offshore, commencing or returning to postgraduate study in selected programmes
Students interested in studying online will need to be granted approval to do so by the University. This also applies to students who have been granted approval to study online in previous semesters. Students will be required to demonstrate that COVID‑19 has impacted their ability to study on campus in 2021.
Students of this Master of Arts - Geography at University of Otago are also introduced to the basics of social and environmental science through fieldwork and practical courses in research methods.
The primary aim of the MA by coursework programme is to provide candidates with a grounding in their chosen discipline within a wider disciplinary frame to build the skills needed to identify a significant topic, design and implement a significant piece of research, and present the findings in a form acceptable to an expert readership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Dissertation
- Writing and Revision for Graduate Research
- Research Methods in the Humanities
- Key Debates in the Humanities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeography View 17 other Masters in Geography in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International21106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21106 USD per year during 12 months.
National5887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5887 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,090.00
- International: $35,798
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.