As a result, Economics is applicable in a wide range of fields, including business, finance, administration, law, local and national government and, indeed, most aspects of everyday life. One of the strengths of Economics is that it provides a logical way of looking at a variety of issues. It is not just a subject - it is a way of thinking.
In studying Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Subjects - Economics at University of Otago you will examine topics of obvious importance to human well-being, for example unemployment, economic growth, inflation, poverty, the distribution of income, and resource allocation in areas such as education, health, business and the environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics View 16 other Masters in Economics in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18416 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5002 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 8,189 NZD
- International: 30,151 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.