It prepares law graduates for the conduct of legal practice. It is an approved course of practical legal training in the duties of a legal practitioner.
To ensure that aspiring practitioners have the essential knowledge, values, attitude and skills to practice law competently.
Successful completion of the course is normal prerequisite for admission as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Tasmania.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Civil Litigation Practice: Supreme Court Practice and Advocacy
- Criminal Law Practice: Magistrates' Court Practice & Advocacy
- Commercial and Corporate Practice
- Property Law Practice
- Trust and Office Accounting
- Family Law Practice and Procedure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesPublic Law Business Law Legal Studies View 48 other Masters in Public Law in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants need to have EITHER:
- successfully completed an academic qualification in law leading to admission to the legal profession, OR
- have no more than 2 academic subjects to complete:
- where none of the outstanding subjects is one of the academic areas of knowledge referred to in Schedule 1 of the Legal Profession (Board of Legal Education) Rules 2010 (as amended by the Legal Profession (Board of Legal Education) Amendment Rules 2014); and
- for which the applicant must be enrolled while undertaking the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice; and
- the applicant has received the prior permission of the Board of Legal Education to commence the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21950 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21950 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.