- The module ‘International Economics and Finance’ has a strong focus on macro and international economics and (international) financial economics.
- The module ‘Economics of Public Policy Issues’ focuses on the analysis of academic and relevant economic policy issues. This module focuses on aspects of efficiency in the study of significant economic and social problems (eg. inequality, health care, the labor market, unemployment…).
By offering these two modules, this course focuses on very specific topics.
Although a good theoretical foundation remains necessary, in this course is chosen to emphasize explicitly the application-oriented character. You need to acquire the skills to apply the acquired knowledge, and not only on theoretical and analytical insight.
Masters of Economic Policy are prepared for positions which require them to analyse aspects of economic policy, and guide and influence economic policy decision-making. Such careers are found in consultancy, banking and insurance sectors as well as in industrial and commercial corporations.
Graduates are often employed by governments, at both national and international levels.
Research offers another career opportunity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Welfare Economics
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Master Thesis
- International Economics and Finance
- Graduate Seminar in Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications start as of December 1st
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Public Policy in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a university level Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Economic Policy or equivalent. This degree should be of an academic nature, as opposed to a technical or professional degree.
- When starting the Master’s programme, students should have a thorough command of intermediate micro- and macro-economics and introductory econometrics.
- They should submit an official letter in English from their university confirming that the student is expected to finalise their Bachelor’s studies at the end of the current academic year, and submit up-to-date authenticated transcripts with the results of the previous years.
- In doubt, a GMAT or GRE can be requested.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA938 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 938 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
As a master student in the programme of Business Economics, you can apply for a 'Tuition fee scholarship' which will reduce the tuition fee for 2020-2021 to 3100 euro for 60 credits (400 euro + 45 euro/credit).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.