The Psychology - Marriage and Family Therapy program from the University of the West focuses on the intersection between Buddhist psychology and Western multicultural and recovery-oriented evidence-based practice in helping individuals, couples, families, and groups.
Beyond having mastered standard MFT competencies, UWest graduates are:
- Grounded in Recovery-Oriented Practice, putting clients at the heart of treatment, focusing upon co-creating a life worth living
- Well-practiced at making ethical decisions from the overlapping lenses of multiculturalism, Buddhist psychology, and biomedical/behavioral health law and ethics
- Clinically and personally skilled in contemplative practice
- Versed in effective practices that borrow heavily from Buddhist psychology, such as Mindfulness-Based
- Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion
- Focused Therapy, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills Training
- Trained in the fundamentals of Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples
- Experienced in the applications of Interpersonal Neurobiology from the inside out
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The 42-unit Master of Arts in Psychology – Multicultural Counseling (MCC) is designed for individuals who are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mental health but whose baccalaureate degree is in an unrelated field as well as those who are returning to school after a long gap.
- This program is an excellent way for human services professionals to update and upgrade their training. The program is also suitable for international students desiring a solid introduction to mental health care.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology View 917 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application – Complete the UWest online application.
- Official Transcripts – Copies of transcripts from all universities you’ve attended. Transcripts must be sealed and sent directly from the school(s) to the Enrollment Office.
- Letters of Recommendation – Three letters of recommendation submitted directly from the references in a sealed envelope or from an e-mail with a professional domain. Academic letters of recommendation are highly encouraged. References may not be a relative of the applicant.
- Statement of Purpose.
- $100 Application fee – This is non-refundable and may be made by check or credit card. Please make checks out to University of the West.
- Diploma – Submit a copy of your most recently earned diploma.
- Identification – Copies of two forms of legal identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: passport, driver license, identification card, or social security card.
- Official documents
International11772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5886 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5886 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.