Thinking about shifting careers to teach high school students? Now might be a good time. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job openings for new teachers are expected to rise as student enrollment is expected to increase between 2018 and 2028.
In this Education - Secondary Teacher Education degree at University of Phoenix, you’ll learn to:
- Utilize effective classroom teaching strategies
- Foster critical thinking for diverse learners
- Find and evaluate classroom resources
- Develop a classroom management plan appropriate for high schoolers
- Understand the influence of emotional, intellectual, psychological, social and cultural factors on learning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation To Teacher Education
- Professional Knowledge, Skills, And Dispositions
- Child/adolescent Growth, Development, And Learning
- Teaching The Exceptional Learner
- Evaluation And Data Literacy6
- Technology Integration For Educators
- Secondary - Creating An Effective Learning Environment
- Instruction And Assessment For Diverse Learners
- Reading In The Content Area
- English/language Arts Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Social Studies Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Secondary Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Mathematics Content And Curricular Knowledge
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 1034 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All academic records from international colleges and countries outside the United States are evaluated by the evaluation service provided by University of Phoenix.
- A valid, acceptable visa or resident alien status is required if an applicant lives and/or works in the United States and is not a U.S. citizen.
International540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 18 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.