This Education - Elementary Teacher Education program at University of Phoenix is designed for students who hold a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than education but want to learn the skills to become an effective elementary classroom teacher. Earn your degree through coursework that’s aligned with national standards.
In this MAEd/Elementary Teacher Education program, you’ll learn:
- Strategies for managing a positive classroom environment
- Teaching strategies that promote critical thinking
- How the various stages of child growth and development impact instruction
- On-the-job experiences throughout the program, including field-based clinical practice (student teaching)
- Creating An Effective Learning Environment
- Instruction And Assessment For Diverse Learners
- Elements Of Literacy Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Application Of Research-based Literacy Instruction
- Social Studies Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Science Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Mathematics Content And Curricular Knowledge
- Elementary Clinical Practice
- Orientation To Teacher Education
- Professional Knowledge, Skills, And Dispositions
- Child/adolescent Growth, Development, And Learning
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 1459 other Masters in Education in United States
- All academic records from international colleges and countries outside the United States are evaluated by the evaluation service provided by University of Phoenix.
- A valid, acceptable visa or resident alien status is required if an applicant lives and/or works in the United States and is not a U.S. citizen.
International13577 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 21 months.
National13577 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.