Emphasis is given to legal, economic, geopolitical, business and environmental problems which arise and the political, legal and legislative solutions offered in the greater European and International Energy sector, in relation to Energy sources and infrastructure, international energy transactions, transportation and storage of Energy, the legal, commercial – business, regulatory, geopolitical, economic and financial issues and the resolution of disputes which arise in the energy sector, for the purpose of a holistic, all-around inter-disciplinary approach to energy issues, business and markets.
The basic aims of the Energy Law, Business, Regulation and Policy program of the International Hellenic University are the following:
- The acquisition of specialized knowledge for a successful career in national and international organizations, energy businesses and companies, law offices and firms, Regulatory Authorities, and public sector services and organizations, which deal with the whole range of energy issues.
- The understanding of issues which arise in the contemporary international environment of energy procurement, energy transactions, and their geostrategic and environmental ramifications as well as the rapid and successful resolution of relevant disputes.
- The in-depth study of issues pertaining to the formulation of energy policy and design on a national, European and international level, as well as within their regulatory context.
- The extensive cognition of transnational, European and comparative aspects of the energy sector which relate to issues of commerce, businesses, international exchanges, law, economy, finance and ADR.
This programme is designed for University graduates of Law & Political Sciences, Economics, Business Studies & Engineering, with a strong motivation to pursue a career in energy related domains.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Law
- Foundations of Finance in the Energy Sector
- Energy Transport & Storage
- Energy Economics
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Energy Sector
- Energy and Environmental Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed application form, including personal statement (500 words)All candidates should have a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognised University. In evidence of this, candidates should provide the following:
- For graduates of Greek Universities, a clearly legible photocopy or scanned copy of your degree certificate and transcripts, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
- For graduates of non-Greek institutions, certified copies of your degree certificate and transcripts are required, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
Two academic references
Proof of competence in English
Two recent passport-size photographsA copy of your CV
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 16 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.