This unique, popular program offers you a personalised education. It includes practical on-site learning and deep engagement with communities and experts in the field.
The perfect mix of study and practical experience will have you job-ready for a fulfilling career.
Key study areas include:
- critical consciousness and ethics of development
- community development project design and management
- participatory research and evaluation
- globalisation and social movements
- leadership in community development
- impacts of Trump and Brexit on governance of international organisations
- conflict resolution and peace-building.
We're one of the few universities in Australia that offers regional and contextual studies (e.g. on Latin America, Africa and Asia).
Careers in community development
Graduates on the Master of International Community Development offered at Victoria University find work in many related areas, including international humanitarian and development aid.
- international and regional consultant in human rights, gender, poverty reduction and project evaluation
- project manager with international, government and local organisations such as Australian Red Cross, Save the Children, Asylum Seekers Resources Centre
- leaders and advisers in government
- community development educator and trainer
- academic and researcher.
- Research Methods
- Community Development Theory and Practice
- Community Development Project Planning and Management
- Transnational Gender Issues and Human Rights
- Building Capacity and Mobilising Civil Society
- Conflict Resolution in Groups and Communities
- Community-Based Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work International Relations Sustainable Development View 42 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline
International24400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12200 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Domestic students: Full-fee - A$19,600 per year
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.