The Curriculum and Instruction - English Language Arts, World Languages or ESL or Social Studies program at Pennsylvania State University allows focused study of teaching, learning, and curriculum in your particular K–12 subject area:
- English language arts, reading and writing, literature, and media literacies
- world languages, English as a second language/English-language learners
- social studies education, including history and civics
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction is a 30-credit degree program offered by Penn State's College of Education and delivered online through Penn State World Campus, recently ranked No. 7 by U.S. News & World Report for having the best online graduate education programs. This curriculum and instruction master's program is taught by the same nationally recognized faculty who teach on campus.
- In consultation with your faculty adviser, you will choose 15 credits to create a program of study that consists of specialized classes and other courses relevant to your professional interests. This may include higher-level academic content courses in your subject. When you apply, you will identify your subject area of interest so that you may be linked with an appropriate faculty adviser.
- Nonfiction Literature for Children and Adolescents
- Teaching Writing in Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Literature for Adolescents
- Cultural Pluralism in Children's and Adolescent Literature
- Media Literacy, Language, and Literacy in Schools
- Teaching and Learning Historical Literacy With Media
- Foundations of Language in Second Language Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 198 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GRE or GMAT
- All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- English Proficiency
- References (2)
- Personal Statement — Describe your motivation for undertaking graduate studies in statistics.
- Writing Sample
International30210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.