Students will acquire a distinct knowledge of applications in the areas of supply chain management, operations, logistics, financial and risk management, and capital markets. Additionally, students will be able to independently develop solutions and utilize alternative problem solving methods, think systematically, and critically evaluate decisions.
Along with providing input data for business administration planning models, students will learn to create and use mathematical and algorithmic models and, when necessary, develop them independently. The analytical capabilities and practical problem solving competencies of the students will be developed and strengthened.
This Operations Research and Business Analytics programme at the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg is designed to equip students with the knowledge, methods, and skills necessary for professional careers in both the private and public sectors of locally and international institutions.
Graduates will be able to find jobs within a variety of companies dealing with supply chain management, operations, logistics, capital markets, financial and risk management, as well as industries where data plays an important role in the decision making processes. Moreover, this study program prepares students with the necessary knowledge to seek a doctoral study program (Ph.D.) in business or economics.
- Stochastic Models in Production and Logistics
- Integer and Combinatorial Optimization with Applications
- Programming in C++
- Concepts and Algorithms of Optimization
- Compulsory Elective Module in Specialization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 157 other Masters in Business Administration in Germany
First academic degree gained in a relevant subject with a min. GPA 2.9.
- Relevant bachelor’s, diploma, or comparable degree from a recognized university in Germany with at least 140 ECTS (at the time of applying)
- Proof of the relevant first academic degree with the mandatory standardized form “Relevance” of the faculty.
- Proof of English Skills (options) on the required level with a recognized test.
- Mandatory, standardized form “Letter of Motivation” of the faculty.
- Professional experiences, and internships set out in a tabular CV
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fees at OvGU amount to 129.90 EUR.
Living costs for Magdeburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.