The Public Relations degree offered at the University of Westminster has close links to the London-based PR industry, and is one of a select few chosen by the UK’s professional PR bodies, the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) and the Chartered Institute of PR (CIPR) for their University partnership initiatives. These connections with leading PR practitioners help you gain the practical knowledge and understanding you need to work in PR.
You will create campaigns, pitch to clients, stage a press conference and create videos and blogs, as well as write research reports, essays and a dissertation. You will also explore issues affecting the industry, such as professional ethics and the impact of digital media.
The course combines practice skills with analytical tools and is highly participative. You will take part in workshops, debates, seminars, presentations and group exercises including making pitches and presenting creative campaign ideas.
Graduates come from all over the world. Many return to their home countries to pursue their careers, while others work all in Asia, Europe, Australasia, the US and the Middle East. Many of our alumni work in major international PR agencies including H + K Strategies and Edelman, while others work in-house at organisations as diverse as Lego and the United Nations.
It is not unusual for our students to have started careers in PR even before they have formally graduated. We work closely with the PR industry, offering our students a range of study visits to agencies and in-house departments in addition to a wide variety of guest speakers. We offer details of PR industry graduate schemes, and assist our students in applying. We maintain the relevance of the course curriculum through regular consultation with people working within the PR industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Persuasion, Propaganda and Influence
- Public Relations Dissertation or Final Professional Project
- Communications Planning and Management
- Media and Content Strategy
- Public Relations in Society
- Strategic Planning for Advertising
- Brand and Marketing Communications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 42 other Masters in Public Relations in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and substantial relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications or substantial appropriate work experience may be acceptable.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay: a 300-word analysis of the external communication challenges facing an organisation that you know of and summarise how you would improve its communications.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.