The Divinity program of Oblate School of Theology prepares persons for pastoral ministry through academic study and supervised practice.
As a Roman Catholic school of theology, OST makes special reference to the requirements of the Program of Priestly Formation of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in designing the MDiv degree.
Students must complete at least two years of full-time study at OST. The degree program must be completed within seven years after matriculation.
Master of Divinity students must develop a capacity to minister in the English and Spanish languages. Any exceptions need to be approved by the MDiv Director in consultation with the academic advisor. To achieve the Spanish proficiency expected of an MDiv graduate, it is necessary to be able to celebrate the liturgy, preach, and converse in Spanish. Prior to enrolling in upper-level preaching and sacrament courses, students should demonstrate an intermediate Spanish competency. Spanish language proficiency can be demonstrated through course work assignments. In some selected upper-level courses, primarily pastoral and sacramental core courses, students should complete at least one substantive assignment in Spanish. Such requirements are specified on the syllabus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Church History II: Holy Roman Empire to the Present
- Scriptural Hermeneutics
- Christian Anthropology: Humanity Transformed in Christ
- Christian Marriage: Theological & Canonical Aspects
- Christian Spirituality
- Basic Pastoral Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 722 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application and payment form
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended, undergraduate and graduate, reflecting degree(s) received from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent training at an institution outside the U.S. sent directly to OST. Student copies are not acceptable.
- Goals and Objectives Form
- Biographical Information Form
- Three recommendations, on forms provided by the School, attesting to the candidate’s religious, moral, and intellectual qualifications for ministry
- If necessary, submit official score reports from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
- International Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to begin Full-Time studies
International720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.