The Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) and the Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Studies (GradDip) programmes instill professional ethics and social responsibility, foster lifelong continuing professional education, and provide opportunities for active engagement with diverse communities. Our modules are offered in face-to-face, blended, and online classrooms. Reflective practices and collaborative work constitute the core of our learning activities.
Careers & Employability
The Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) programme at University College Dublin allows students to earn degrees that are accredited by professional organizations and are internationally recognised. These degrees qualify students to work as library and information professionals in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and throughout Europe. Recent graduates have dynamic careers as Chief Information Officers, Library Directors and Knowledge Managers.
ICS also has vibrant research programmes and activities. Some MLIS students continue their studies to take PhD or MLitt degrees at the School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Org of Info, Cat&Metadata
- Information & Reference Services
- Foundations of Info Studies
- Research Methods
- Research Theory and Practice
- Archives Preservation
- Managing Records & Information in Public & Private Organisations
- Web Publishing
- Information Architecture: Designing the Web
- Managing Information Technology for Information Professionals
- Applicants should present with a primary (bachelor's) degree in any subject with an overall score of 2.1 or higher.
- A minimum of 6 weeks' experience working in a library or information environment.
- Names and contact details of two referees who can assess their intellectual ability, maturity and motivation.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7920 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU: fee per year - 5115 EUR
- nonEU ee per year - 9950 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.