The Health Economics and Health Care Management MSc course from University of Hamburg imparts both methodological skills and the ability to apply this expertise to issues in health care. Students acquire knowledge of the complex interactions within health care and learn to put this knowledge into practice.
The MSc program, which is conducted in both German and English, is organized by the Department of Socioeconomics at Universität Hamburg in close cooperation with the Hamburg Center for Health Economics (HCHE). The HCHE is jointly run by the Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences and the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf and is one of the largest centers for health economics research in Europe.
Students have the opportunity to select and individually combine courses in health economics and health care management in their advanced studies.
- In health economics the focus is on issues relating to health care allocation and distribution. This includes questions targeting the regulation of health care, for instance, the structure of remuneration systems for doctors and hospitals and the regulation of both competition between health insurers and the pharmaceuticals industry.
- In health care management, students learn about selected management concepts that may be applied to operative areas within health insurance companies, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals companies. Courses in marketing, technology and innovation management, controlling, and finance management round off the program.
The master’s program lays the foundations for management roles in companies (e.g., hospitals, health insurers, pharmaceuticals companies) and institutions within the health care market, in particular industry self-regulating organizations and associated institutions. It also provides the framework for academic research in the fields of health economics and health care management.
- Basic Methods
- Health and the Health Care Markets
- Advanced Studies
- Management and Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 19 other Masters in Health Administration in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Proof of first degree, language proficiency.
- Completion of a first university degree in socioeconomics with a major in business administration or economics, health economics, business engineering or a comparable subject (proof required).
- Proof of proficiency in English.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The semester contribution is €328.
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.