With AMBDA status, the dyslexia specialist teacher is internationally recognised to undertake dyslexia assessment and specialist teaching. The MEd SpLD/Dyslexia also reflects the competences, knowledge and professional skills identified by the International Dyslexia Association and the International Literacy Association.
The MEd SpLD/Dyslexia addresses three core areas of knowledge and practice:
- Understanding the development of language and literacy learning
- Identifying and assessing specific learning difficulties/dyslexia;
- Managing curriculum based interventions and evidence based practice and support
The Master of Education in Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia) at Dublin City University aims to build capacity in schools in the area of SpLD/Dyslexia and to develop teachers who would be expected to:Select, administer and interpret detailed diagnostic assessments and use appropriate psychometric toolsEffectively identify and use appropriate strategies, interventions and approaches to support learners with Dyslexic-type difficultiesProvide expert advice to parents and professionals in different settings and at all levelsSupport mainstream teachers, contribute to the effective working of multi-disciplinary teams and lead a multi- disciplinary team.
On successful completion of the professional requirements of the MEd SpLD/Dyslexia programme (90 ECTS), candidates are eligible to apply for Associate Membership of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA) certification. With AMBDA status, the dyslexia specialist teacher is internationally recognised to undertake dyslexia assessment and specialist teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first year of M Ed SpLD/Dyslexia students focus on theories and models of language and literacy development; and the identification of learning differences underpinning specific learning difficulties.
- In the second year students gain a critical understanding of diagnostic assessment using standardised assessment tests and develop professional expertise in assessing students and in writing professional reports containing recommendations for intervention.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Health Sciences View 132 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
- Applicants should include their Teaching Council Registration Number when making their application on pac.
- Students will be required to undertake diagnostic assessment of individual learners over the course of the programme. Please indicate that you have access to learners at (a) primary OR (b) post-primary OR (c) further education level.
- International candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to those outlined above.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3900 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA: 4,300 EUR per year
- Non-EU/EEA: 9,000 EUR per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.