With Athabasca University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Educational Studies, you will learn to think holistically, critically and reflectively. You will find the connections and points of overlap between specialized and generalized knowledge. You will also learn problem-solving skills and policy-making strategies.
Interdisciplinary Studies - Educational Studies provides a "critical foundations approach" to understanding educational issues and practices by drawing upon a range of theories and methods from history, sociology, cultural studies, economics, political science, philosophy and psychology.
This approach provides viewers with a critical, integrated understanding of the relations between instructors/teachers, students/learners, educational organization(s) and society. Your program will finish with a final integrated project or capstone paper that will exercise and explore your newly acquired skills and knowledge.
You can choose to complete this project in a grouped study capstone course, or through an individual study project that will allow you to:
- explore a question or issue that’s important to you
- relate your research to a work or life situation
- address a community problem
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Self-Directed Behaviour
- Global Education
- Industrial Heritage
- Architectural Conservation
- Global Governance and Law
- The Business of Emotions
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 18 other Masters in Teaching in Canada
- The Master of Arts – Integrated Studies (MA-IS) Program invites applications from candidates who possess a baccalaureate degree and strong analytical, writing, and critical-thinking skills
- All students applying for admission into the MA-IS Program students must complete an Academic Writing Assessment as part of the application process.
International1859 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1859 CAD per module during 24 months.
National1654 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1654 CAD per module during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.