The Health Professions Education programme at the Stellenbosch University consists of two streams, namely the structured programme and the thesis programme.
What we offer
The programme is presented by means of technology-mediated teaching and learning, with one contact session per year. If you are following the structured programme, you must attend the contact sessions. If, however, you have been admitted to the thesis programme, the contact sessions are optional, except if you are unable to submit proof of sufficient research experience as indicated above. In that instance, you must attend and pass the contact sessions for the Educational Research for Change in Health Professions Education and the Research Methodology Component of the Research Assignment modules.
The programme is research based and aims to equip you to understand, critically evaluate and apply the following within teaching and learning contexts in health sciences:
- contemporary and appropriate educational approaches;
- principles of professional practice, with specific reference to ethics, reflection and social responsiveness; and
- findings derived from international and particularly African research in health professions education within the context of diversity and varying levels of resources.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Leadership in Health Professions Education
- Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education
- Curriculum Development and Analysis in Health Professions Education
- Assessment in Health Professions Education
- Research Methodology in Health Professions Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 179 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents
- One of the following qualifications: a four-year bachelor's degree in a field of study related to Health Sciences and be currently employed in a health sciences environment or, an honours degree in Education or Social Sciences or, another degree on NQF level 7 or higher and relevant experience in tertiary education or, a relevant degree or diploma and a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education and relevant experience in tertiary education
Submit a complete research protocol to the satisfaction of the programme committee and provide proof of sufficient research experience in education or social sciences
International568 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 568 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.