The MPhil in Development Finance programme at the Stellenbosch University will equip you with the skills and understanding to develop Africa where it matters, to contribute to sustainable development, to shape finance policies and programmes, and to implement Africa-driven solutions. It covers all aspects of development finance, including the theories underpinning development finance, enterprise-level development finance and sustainable growth. This makes the MDevF a critical-skills degree for Africa. The content and case studies are angled towards Africa's needs, but the skills acquired can be applied in any developing country. This is a two-year modular programme (four blocks of two weeks each on campus). A research assignment must be completed.
What we offer
Implementing African-driven solutions is the new approach to the economic development of the African continent. With this qualification participants will be able to:
- Use specialised knowledge to develop Africa where it matters
- Contribute towards sustainable development
- Implement Africa-driven solutions
- Shape finance policies and programmes
- Conduct in-depth research
- Understand the key role of DFIs and financial institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Development Perspectives in Africa
- Issues in Banking and Finance
- Project Finance
- Governance and Ethics
- Research Methods in Development Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance View 26 other Masters in Finance in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution. Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered
- Proof of English Language proficiency
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.