The Education - Jewish Education program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is designed for educators in both formal and informal frameworks who are interested in Jewish Education and its dialogue with the Social Sciences, Educational Philosophy, and Jewish and Israel Studies.
The program comprises two regular semesters and an intensive summer semester and require 36 credits for graduation.
The regular semesters are held through distance learning from abroad and the summer semester (4 weeks) takes place in Israel during the month of July.
Unique Value Proposition - Why Us?
The principal advantage of this program is that educators abroad who are not able to spend a long period in Jerusalem, will have the opportunity to study with Melton Centre faculty and enjoy the unique academic resources of the Hebrew University.
Through interactions in the virtual classroom and in person, students are inspired by the eclectic class composition which offers new perspectives and insights into Jewish education and Jewish communities worldwide.
The program’s students come from All over the world, from both formal and informal Jewish and non-Jewish education organizations, such as Jewish Day schools, College Clubs, Jewish community organization, Israel advocacy groups, Summer camps, Religious schools, and congregations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This international program taught entirely in English is intended for students living in all corners of the globe. All the lectures and course material are in English and contributions to forum discussions and written assignments must be written in English. A high level of English proficiency is therefore a requirement for participation in this program.
- Courses in the MA in Education program are intended to familiarize students with research in Jewish education and to enable the clarification of the goals, methods, practices and challenges involved in transmitting Jewish culture and teaching Jewish and Israel studies.
- The program is conducted at a high academic level at the Hebrew University, which is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GPA: 3.0 or similar Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution.
- English Proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Supplementary courses may be required for students without academic background in Jewish studies or education
- Statement of purpose stating your interest in the program
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National7900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Jerusalem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.