In the advanced master's programme the focus shifts to research on journalism in particular, and the media in general.
What we offer
This is a taught Journalism master's programme at the Stellenbosch University requiring students to visit the Stellenbosch campus for the attendance of two series of block lectures. Students may make appointments for supervision in between. Students choose between coursework plus a 25% research assignment, or coursework plus a 50% thesis, or a 100% thesis.
- Thesis (Journalism)
- Research methodology (Journalism)
- Mass Communication Theory
- Media Management
- Media Ethics
- Media Culture and the Digital Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism View 7 other Masters in Creative Writing in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- A Stellenbosch University BAHons in Journalism or a recognised Honours degree in Journalism, Media Studies or Communication or another relevant Honours degree from another university
International1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 EUR per year during 12 months.
- R21 948
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.