About Childhood Speech, Language and Communication Needs at National University of Ireland, Galway
This programme has been designed to meet the needs of busy practitioners who need to keep up to date with the emerging evidence base when working with children with SLCN in the clinic, classroom, and community. (Note: it is not a professional qualification in speech and language therapy.)
Our flexible blended learning approach, combines face-to-face workshops (e.g., two days per module) and online learning to support you as a busy practitioner with many competing demands on your time. Course activities and skills training enable you to apply knew knowledge and skills directly in the clinic, classroom, and community.
- Are you a health, education, or social care professional? Or someone who is interested in childhood communication impairments?
- Do you want to learn how you can engage, support, educate, and help children with SLCN (aged from birth to 18 years) in the clinic, classroom, and community?
- Do you want to learn how to facilitate the child with SLCN to participate in these contexts, and realise their full communication potential?
Programme StructureCourses include
- Advanced Research Methods
- Narratives in Childhood
- Using Evidence in Practice
- Cultural, Linguistic, & Social Diversity in Health & Education
- Supporting children with SLCN
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Pedagogy Linguistics View 28 other Masters in Linguistics in Ireland
- Primary degree with at least Second Class Honours or an equivalent qualification.
International15940 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15940 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7490 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7490 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.